2015年6月2日 星期二

Brooklyn chocolate factory


There was once at Rockeleller plaza I tried a cup of chocolate made using Mast Brothers chocolate.
 I can't forget that flavor. It taste thick and rich but not sweet. So I decide to join this TOUR at the Mast Brothers Chocolate Factory in Williamburg (10 mins walk from near Benford station). 



Beans
The tour guide started by introducing the beans. Chocolates are bought from different places e,g, Papua New Guinea, Tanzanian, and brewed at this Brooklyn factory.

Kakaw (pronounce: ka-khow) is the raw beans. Cocoa is the roasted beans.
One special flavour is a SMOKY chocolate. The dry and wood-burnt flavor comes from the smoked kakaw. I am not very into it because of the ashy tone. Same for Cadbury, the big chocolate enterprise. Cadubry regarded the smoked beans as "bad beans" and never bought it.  One reason Mast Brothers survive is by making a non-mainstream flavor of chocolate.

Making
-Sugar
-Grinded kakow beans
-Grinded kakow coat

There are only two ingredients in this bowl.
The kakow beans will first be grind. Then the coat and the bean will be separated.
Yet beans and coats will be added together in this spinning machine.
The fabrication generates heats. Thus it blends all things together smoothly.

Tasting
There are 6 flavors for us.
Unanimously, sheep milk is the best.
Guess it taste like milk chocolate the most and we prefer sweeter to bitter.

The spicy flavour is funny.
Chilli and pepper is added.
It really makes you hot.

Price
The tour is $16/person.
45 mins tour
6 chocolate flavor for tasting
We eat a lot of chocolate.
We get chances to see how chocolate is made from scratch.
So it is fair.

Chocolate bar / $8 / piece ($HKD 64)
I amstill condemned by myself for buying such an expensive bars 2 months ago.
I bought it because I of my sugar quitting plan...
So I will just look at how beautiful their decorations are.









沒有留言:

張貼留言