2015年5月6日 星期三

Value-added shopping on 5th Avenue - 第五大道深度遊

A sudden thought poped up in mind. I shouldn't just be a bookworms back and forth between home and library. There are things in life that you have to experience rather than to read. So today is a Reading in the Fifth Aveune.

"Buy something for my Mum"
I have use this excuse to ask stupid questions and chat with Sales. The first one I went to is FOSSIL, a watch-making brand. I just shot out stupid question to the salesman: "Who's Jacqueline? The salesman froze for a sec and laughed, "Oh,..Oh! Jacqueline, let me show you who Jacqueline is."


Here you are. Jacqueline:
 Yes it is a series of watches with rosary gold color. "It was pretty." "I will short list this for my mum"

I requested to have a look on the male collection. Their male watches are kind of hardcore type.You can feel the durability. "Over 65% of watches in the market are made by FOSSIL." Salesman proudly presented, "We made watches for Adidas, Michael Kors, Armani, etc"
I am not that a fashion savvy person. But I am refreshed with the some new information. I walked out of the shop blissfully.

Glare of value-added shopping

Black or White?

I was attracted by a girl who got black and white skin all of her body. This girl appears all over on the wall stickers, posters and screens of a Barcelona fashion brand Desingual. At first I though, it's again some marketing gimmicks to attract eye-balls. But I realize I was wrong. She was born this way!

 It was a disease named Vitiligo, the salesman told me. It was a chronic skin disease characterized by portions of the skin losing their pigment. Michael Jackson also had it. But it was in the indistinct part of his neck.

This model named Winnie Harlow was prone to laughters and bullies at her childhood. Yet she turns these seemingly flaws into something she proud of. She was plucked out from American Next Top Model by Desingual. She turned into a new leaf from obscurity. Now she was the signature model of the brand. She is also now the spokeswoman the disease 
Vitiligo. She tells people with white patches all over the body should be proud of who they are.









沒有留言:

張貼留言